2nd Sunday Dinners
What we do
The 2nd Sunday Meal group has been providing a hot meal and fellowship to 30-60 homeless and low income people in NE Seattle once a month since 2010. The meal is served at Lamb of God Lutheran Church in Lake City on the second Sunday of every month. In addition to a hearty meal, we provide new socks, gloves, take-away snacks and fruit at various times to ease the burden of homelessness.
Opportunities to be involved
· Provide a main dish, side, salad, beverages or dessert
· Help greet and serve guests
· Donate paper products (plates, napkins, bowls, cutlery) as needed
· Provide musical entertainment for holiday meals
· Plan a sock, glove or clothing drive with your youth group
How we organize it
We use Sign-Up Genius to let people know what’s needed each month. You can bring your items to the site or we can coordinate a pick-up at St. Bridget. Those who serve the meal arrive around 5:15 and serve between 5:30 and 6:30. We have 130+ people on the email list so the burden doesn’t fall on just a few.
We appreciate everyone who participates whether it’s a one-time effort or a monthly commitment. This is a great activity for youth who are building those service hours!